SteamSeal Graphite & Manganese Compound 400g
SteamSeal is a graphite and manganese compound which is a high pressure, setting pipe sealant for metallic threaded and flanged joints. As well as giving an efficient seal on ferrous pipework.
Primarily designed for the sealing of high pressure steam and air joints.
- High Performance dark grey jointing compound for threads and flanges
- Provides excellent sealing for air, steam and water joints
- Hard setting but flexible compound
- High pressure sealing capability – up to 193 bar (2800 psi)
- Wide temperature range: -20°C to 600°C
- Excellent temperature range from -20°C to +600°C.
- Resists pressures of up to 193 bar (2800 psi).
- Joints sealed with SteamSeal are easy to break and clean.
- Sets hard but is flexible enough to resist vibration, thermal expansion and contraction of pipework.
- Compatible with foam forming leak testers such as ROCOL Leak Detector Spray.
- Product Usage
- SteamSeal should not be applied in sub-zero temperatures. Ensure surfaces are clean and free of contaminants then apply with a brush.
- Remove any surface skinning and stir well before use.
- Joints should be assembled within 5 minutes of applying SteamSeal
- Pressure testing should only be carried out after the PJC has been allowed to dry for a minimum of 24 hours at an ambient temperature of 20°C to 25°C. Drying time will be considerably lengthened if the ambient temperature is lower.
- Do not leave a fillet of sealant on the outside of the joint as this can drastically slow down the drying time.
- Hemp or other substitute fillers can be used on poor fitting joints, however, the SteamSeal must be applied to the male thread first, followed by the filler and then another coating of SteamSeal so that the filler is captive inside the SteamSeal.
- The storage temperature should be controlled between +1°C and +40°C.
- Shelf life is 2 years from date of manufacture.
|Appearance||Dark Grey Paste|
|Unworked Penetration||260 - 320|
|Base Type||Linseed Oil|
|Solids||Graphite & Manganese|
|Temp. Range||-20°C to +600°C|
|Press. Resistance||193 Bar (2800 psi)|
Datasheets & Downloads
Product Code: 50-501
Excl. VAT: £18.09
Incl. VAT: £21.71