Why I Use Pilotseal
“I recently replaced the two bottom front mud lid door joints on my Burrell with PilotSeal gaskets with immediate and very reassuring results. I have endured weeping doors for sometime now despite new lids and being scrupulously attentive to detail at each fitting. I was advised by an experienced engine owner to try PilotSeal which were well suited to our boiler working pressure of 160psi. The fitting process could not have been simpler.
Use no jointing compounds or grease just ensure all surfaces are very well cleaned to smooth surfaces. Fit the lid and gasket, make sure it’s water tight by hand tightening, light the fire and gently follow up the bridge nut as the heat comes on and the pressure rises. Use the spanner just to obtain a slight squeeze fit. That’s it. This is the end of asbestos based joints for me!”
David Smith, August 2010.
Why Use Pilotseal
Pilotseal gaskets are constructed from high quality polymers primarily for use as a boiler door joint. The high temperature capability combined with the sealing resilience expected from an elastomer material make it ideal for steam service. Pilotseal gaskets are also suited for many other applications, which include water heaters, air receivers and paper mill drying cylinders.
Hardness (I.R.H.D.) : 70+/-5
Specific Gravity : 1.35 g/cm3
Maximum Temperature : 190°C
Maximum Pressure : 12.5 Bar (180psi)
Features & Benefits
- Since Pilotseal joints are cut from a specially-formulated sheet material there are no expensive mould costs, non-standard sizes are readily accommodated and a quick turnaround is possible.
- Clean, easy to handle replacement for many asbestos/other non-asbestos gaskets.
- Easy to remove after use. No scraping required.
- All standard metric and inch sizes available for manhole, mudhole oval shapes.
- Obround, square and other non-standard profiles can also be produced.
- No grease, jointing compound or proprietary paste is needed to achieve efficient sealing and easy removal.
- Effective sealing can be achieved even on imperfect surfaces where previous leakage may have been experienced with other gasket types.
- Good chemical resistance of Pilotseal boiler door joints ensures reliability with boiler treatment chemicals.
- Maximum outside dimensions: 1,250mm